fields are burning

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Following the spring

Hello! We have arrived in Minnesota after a two day trek along the great river road, next to the Mississippi River. It was awesome through Wisconsin! As a special bonus we passed a sign for a cidery and could not pass up the chance to sample our favorite beverage--Maiden Rock Cidery did a good job of creating old world style ciders. It was super windy during our final 2 hours, with a huge amount of dust in the air and low visibility. Up here they just had a day of heat that broke the record by 8 degrees!

So we were in the St. Louis region about a week but most of it for me was spent recovering from the mean giardia bug, aka 'beaver fever'. Not pleasant! Luckily it cleared up quickly after taking the medicine I was prescribed, and I had a very comfy place to recover--my folk's house! It was also the weekend of Winefest, a festival that my parents have volunteered with since we moved to Washington, MO, and luckily I was feeling better, well enough to sample the lovely Missouri wines.

St. Louis we stayed in for two nights and did some visiting with a variety of folks. Our host on the north side were so kind, and their gardens are looking great! I forgot to take photos :{ Matt and I got some much needed exercise too, on the riverfront bike trail up along the river.

Hope everyone is doing well out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home